Thursday, February 4, 2010

Love Beats

I do.
I do imagine contact flesh contact, endorphines rushing and pharmones releasing.
Love beats my heart where flowers bloom yet rain doth fall,
As laptop screens do screen my calls. Between you and I that does reside and in your game you build your life.
Love beats my heart to bloody pulps as bleed internally my love does pool.
Waste away my beauty sleep, love makes me play the fool.
Lying here awake the queen's bed size stretched out I take-
Yet comfort eludes my slip to sleep as minutes turn to hours the time I keep...
In my head I wander round, I should be resting but my Love's not found
Beside me empty, stretch out my arm- night after night, night after night.
I imagine your body pressed close to mine but laptop screens still screen my calls. Love beats my heart; my thoughts are kept wandering round their love life, imagining companions prefer the company of the love they did select. My head in the clouds and feet on the ground. Love love love just beat beat beat. I'll pretend you've joined me where I sleep. Drift away alone again, us in my head but one in my bed. When I wake in morning's light and see you sleeping as I rise, I'll stall a moment maybe two, to feel your warmth and make up time. But go I must, the baby cries and momma must prioritize.